Look Out-There You Are!


The discussion occurs in many circles...How do we teach our children/grandchildren to be servants?
The "I am third" concept.  God first, others second, me third.
J.O.Y.  Jesus, Others, then You.

Praying about this principle, the thought came to me that God created our eye balls to "look out" not inside.  Every time we open our eyes, unless we are in front of a mirror, we are looking out.

Our daughter was in her still relatively new neighborhood last week and a young boy was outside.
She said hello to him and his reply was "Hi, How is your day going?"  She was blown away by this greeting and went back when the child's father arrived home from work and told him how impressed she was.  He replied,
"Instead of being a 'here I am!' person, we are training our children and choosing to be 'there you are!' people. We learned this life style through Young Life.

I love this.

Email and let me know how your day is today!

"God is the one who makes us patient and cheerful.  I pray that he will help you live at peace with each other. as you follow Christ.  Then all of you together will praise God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."  Romans 15:5-6

"Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?