Looking Forward

 
These two wake up looking forward to each day.


Do your feet hit the ground in the morning knowing what you are facing for the day?
Mondays mean this, Tuesdays that, etc. One of my favorite things about college life was having some control over my schedule.  Being a morning person, scheduling 8 o'clock classes and hoping to be done with my day by noon was my preference.  Becoming a mom of six sports/music oriented, school aged, kids I found myself constantly looking forward to what was next on our calendar. Planning our school breaks, football weekends, ski getaways, horse shows, tennis tournaments in addition to the regular weekly routine required organization and  management skills.

Life shifts gears, change occurs and priorities are revamped.  The other night I awakened for my middle of the night time with Jesus and there was such refreshment when I realized what I was looking forward to most was a day with Him.

"These are evil times, so make every minute count."  Ephesians 5:16 CEV  

"I think about you before I go to sleep, and my thoughts turn to you during the night.  You have helped me, and I sing happy songs in the shadows of your wings.  I stay close to you, and your powerful arm supports me."  Psalm 63:6-8

Are you looking forward to heaven?




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?