Plugged into Nothing


With a phone battery about dead, I reached across a table and plugged the phone into the charger before heading back out into the world. Later, I picked up my phone and my percentage of charge had decreased.  Immediately, I knew to look at the other end of the charger, which was attached to nothing but air!

That is where some of us are spiritually. We aren't plugged in!
Our Bibles may don a coffee table or bookshelf in our homes, but they are seldom opened.
We may pew sit occasionally, but are we worshipping the risen Lord and engaging in fellowship with fellow believers. Are we welcoming someone new to join us on our pew?  When we leave the church building Sunday afternoon are times of Bible study, prayer, discipleship and hospitality for Jesus plugged into our week.

Challenge yourself to be intention and plug into the many opportunities around you to get to know Jesus better.

"I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."   Psalm 119:11

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be compete, equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16-17

  

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?