The Grumble Bug

No grumbling here.

Maybe the 95 degree temperatures played a part in my recent grumble bug personality or it could have been my squishy mammogram which had to be redone, but I found myself not liking myself one bit. The flesh was weak and I had let a lot of people and circumstances get under my skin.  Fighting the urge to call my husband and daughter and sound off to them, I asked the Holy Spirit to give me the urge to withstand the temptation.  Before the day was done, they got an earful.

Sitting in the waiting room for the mammogram I picked up Priscilla Shirer's Awaken devotional and couldn't believe what God had placed before my eyes.

"The disciples didn't feel like being too welcoming to the crowd waiting for them on the shoreline that day.  They'd only barely caught their breath from an intense time of ministry and were still extremely exhausted,  most likely looking for a place where they could put their feet up and rest.  They probably hoped Jesus would do them all a favor and just send the needy multitude away instead of making this day last any longer...Jesus not only tolerated the people's presence.  He opened Himself up to them.  He moved Himself toward them to help them. He felt compassion for them."

"When Jesus went ashore, He saw a large crowd, and He felt compassion for them because they were like sheep without a shepherd."  Mark 6:34

I wasn't feeling compassionate, I was feeling taken advantage of. Botched, botched, botched it,
Mama Boo...not a bit like Jesus.

"As those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."  Colossians 3:12

Stay tuned for tomorrow's follow up of how those devil darts can penetrate and take you down when you least expect it.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?