Read the Label

This watermelon with balsamic glaze and honey was one of my go to recipes this summer.


For eight weeks I've battle head issues.  A friend said, "Try Claritin."  There was some in my husbands medicine cabinet. On the outside of the Claritin box it said that these were dissolvable tablets to be placed on your tongue.  The pill was so bitter and took forever to dissolve.  It was hard to believe people would actually do this.

The next day as I pulled out the silver packet to punch out a pill I noticed it was a different shape than the previous day. Looking closely the writing said, "Allegra," and it was NOT a dissolvable tablet.  He had place two types of allergy medicine into one box!

While I had read the label on the big box, I didn't bother to read the inside packet.  We need to be aware of what we are reading in the spiritual sense too.  The title may sound great, but it if doesn't line up with Biblical principals it might not be what is best for us.

This past weekend I read the book pictured above. It was such an insightful, educational read.


It's interesting though...nothing educates me, satisfies my soul,  like reading God's Word.

What are you ingesting?

 “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.”  Romans 10:17

 “I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.”  Psalm 119:11

"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success."  Joshua 1:6-8   

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?