Why Pass it On?


Yesterday, I referenced how one verse about "leaning on God" led me to research verses on standing apart, which led me to read all of 1 John.

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. 1 John 4:4-5 

What moves us to pass along what God is teaching us? 
Listen to why John wrote his letter?

1 John 1:4  "We are writing these things so that our joy may be complete."

My license plate is Im4joy.  Walking out of a post office one day a man came up to me and said, "Is your name Joy?"  I gave him a puzzled look. He said, "I was noticing your license plate."  I laughed and replied, "No, my name is Boo. I just like to be joyful!"  Living for and loving Jesus, completes our joy.

1 John 2:1 "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

1 John 2:12-13 "I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven for his name's sake. I am writing to you, fathers, because you know him who is from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one."

Oh that we could keep our children from sin, but that's not possible. What we can do is encourage others in the faith to recognize the Holy Spirit gives us power to overcome the temptation to sin. When we do falter and fail it does not have to be fatal...because of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection we have forgiveness of our sins and triumph over death and will experience eternal life.

1 John 2:21 "I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth."

He writes to encourage his fellow believers.  Do we do that on a regular basis?

1 John 2:26 "I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you."

Warning! Warning! The world is full of false teaching.  How blessed we are to hear from others details of the traps they see being set for us.  Oh that we have ears to hear not only the fabulous truths from God's Word, but also to decipher the warnings about the things that are harmful.

1 John 5:13 "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life."

Amen!  The big hallelujah and purpose behind why John writes!  We are born again, freed from death's grip on us and promised eternal life.

Tell a fellow believer today..."Here's a hallelujah!  As my brother or sister in Christ. I treasure you.  Although there are deceivers in our midst, we can look at one another and say, 'I'm a child of God!  My sins are forgiven!  My joy is complete!  Heaven will be my forever home and I'm glad you will be there too.'"


 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?