Be Strong and Brave



Four years ago I made a new friend. She was in a horrific battle with ovarian cancer. I new the statistics and seeing her frail state, I new the reality was that our earthly friendship would be brief. We met her on the lake, but she was preparing to move to be near her daughter in North Carolina and doctors at UNC for what time she had left.

Last week we were emailing and I was double checking on the date of her upcoming scan. Her reply led me to send her Joshua 1:9

Everyday we remain here on earth has purpose. Some days are harder to endure than others, but God gives us the strength to get through each day.  I asked her if I could share this email. Her strength is such an encouragement to me.
"Boo,
I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your prayers!  God has blessed me beyond belief and I am so grateful.  Looking at my grandchildren today, I felt such joy and gratitude.  I was diagnosed when my daughter found out she was pregnant at age 39.  We were sure we would never have grandchildren. When she was a few months pregnant, we learned of my ovarian cancer and were told the prognosis was poor because the cancer had metastasized and was high grade and very aggressive.
God's plan always rules!!! I pray for remission although they get shorter each time.  I am so grateful for life and want to continue to live it to the fullest and give God the glory for life and his loving grace! God Bless You my friend!"

"I’ve commanded you to be strong and brave. Don’t ever be afraid or discouraged! I am the Lord your God, and I will be there to help you wherever you go."    Joshua 1:9

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?