Day after Day



The sun comes up and the stars come out. Sounds like a song my children sang in pre-school.  No matter what chaos the world around us has entered, God is steadfast to provide our needs each day.
(If this makes no sense, it's because I am going on very little sleep.)
We were certainly tested in that regard yesterday.  Four hours after one of our daughter in laws arrived with her three children, the five year old was bitten by a copperhead.  Fortunately, Deke was home, killed the snake and rushed this precious one and his mom to urgent care. I alerted the staff that they were coming and they called 911 knowing he'd need to get to a hospital. He was in horrific pain and swelling had already set in.  His father fell from a ladder up on a house and had foot surgery two weeks ago and had not made the trip but drove all night and got to the hospital by 3AM and they released this sweet little one without having to administer the anti-venom which can have side effects.  The doctors explained to our amazing daughter in law, who has kept it together throughout this, that it may take 2-4 weeks for him to recover.  We are all still in shock today. Never in my life have I ever known any to actually be bitten by a snake. 

Today we are remembering that fear is not from the Lord and we will all face trials, but it's a blessing to go through them with people who love us and pray for us. Yesterday morning I had printed up a page of what I am calling "Psalms to Help us Slumber." We read those aloud last night.

I hope they bless you.

Psalms to help us slumber.

“I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you O Lord make me dwell in safety.”   Psalm 4:8


“The Lord is your protector, and he won’t go to sleep  or let you stumble. The protector of Israel doesn’t doze or ever get drowsy.”           Psalm 121:3-4


“God counts the stars and names each one.”    Psalm 147:4


“You notice everything I do and everywhere I go. Before I even speak a word, you know what I will say, and with your powerful arm you protect me from every side.”     Psalm 139:3-5


“Every day, you are kind, and at night you give me a song as my prayer to you, the living Lord God.”     Psalm 42:8


“God will command his angels to protect you wherever you go.”     Psalm 91:11

“When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches. Because You have been my help, therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.”      Psalm 63:7


“But you are my shield, and you give me victory and great honor.

I pray to you, and you answer from your sacred hill. I sleep and wake up refreshed because you, Lord, protect me.”   Psalm 3:3-5  


This is what I had written before our snake event.

One thing I love about summer is the news stays off. There is too much to do outside at Shiloh to turn on the television. There are sunrises to catch by kayak and sunsets to chase on the pontoon.  While packing in a full day we need to reflect on who provides each day!

Simons wrote beautifully about remaining: "Of all the ways a person can prove his or her love to another, the most tangibly communicated is that of remaining: a daughter remains by her ailing mother's side, a pastor who remains steadfast at the pulpit week after week, a husband who remains faithful to his wife, a mom who remains on the sidelines cheering at a losing game.  To remain is to look past the inconveniences, the faults, the unnecessary, and the less-than-idea, and to say with feet planted and heart unwavering: 'I'm not going anywhere.' I'd take one faithful friends over a bunch of fickle fanfare any day."

Our God remains forever! From our first heartbeat in our mother's womb to all eternity He is with us day by day!

"Great is Thy Faithfulness"

By Jordan Smith
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v92I3GYL55g

or
 CeceWinans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60o3UP4Kjwg


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?