New Mercies





God's mercies are new every morning. Great is His faithfulness.  We all got a good night's sleep last night`````. The swelling has stopped increasing from the snake bite.

I really need to implant  Colossians 3:17 deeply in my heart and thank God for putting it before me today.  Three of our children will be here for a while with their families. There are a lot more dirty clothes and dishes stacked up, toys and crafts strewn around and trash to be taken out, but we can rejoice that we have a house that holds us all and all these provisions, in addition to one another's love, to consume.  Everyone and everything is a gift from God.

Simons' word for us on this day is...."Faithfulness in the unremarkable daily tasks often goes unnoticed-but not to the God who numbers your days. To our all-serving God, everyday faithfulness is an act of worship and not just an act of survival."

She shared a this line from 18th century German poet, Johann Wolfgang van Goethe..

"Cease endlessly striving  to do what you want to do and
learn to love what must be done."

Hmm, kind of like "whistle while you work"!

Nibble on this...."Jesus woos us by His love and causes us to love Him in return.  If I trace every complaint about my circumstances back to its origin, I find that my addiction to productivity efficiency,  and comfort are always want the center of my unhappiness.  At the root of my discontentment is what I love most...and without my loves being reordered and remade by Christ, I will always chase endlessly after what was never meant to satisfy."

Love to you all and thanks so much for the prayers.




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?