Walk

Here we come 2022.

  I urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 

Ephesians 4:1-3

The brain, even one that has endured a major stroke, is flat out amazing.  Allow the Holy Spirit to lead your thoughts and you will be blown away again and again. More times than not, I write the Boojoyful devotional thoughts at 3AM from the comfort of my bed. It's seems to be the time the Lord has my attention.  My sweet husband is usually rhythmically snoring beside me and claims the clicking of the lap top keys doesn't bother him a bit.


This particular morning I awakened to the word walk,  which took me to the Ephesians 4 passage above. As I read those verses I thought of my front door and the daily "stepping out" into a calling. Im going to post this passage at our door and get into the habit of looking at my feet and say..step out in humility, gentleness, patience, with love for others and an eagerness to maintain a Spirit of unity and bond of peace!


So here is the craziness!  As the word walk came to me, the lyric "You'll never walk alone" came into my mind.  I thought, is this a 70's song. Nope!  As I googled it it was from 1963. I was 5 years old.  Isn't that bizarre what the mind can stir up?  My husband stirred in the bed next to me and we laughed so hard that it was 3AM and I was singing a song by Gerry and the Pacemakers.


We are still laughing. As I was singing my husband said, "I remember a song they did called 'Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying!"  Oh, the joy the Lord can bring. I can only imagine what it will be like in heaven forever!


The Song

https://www.songfacts.com/lyrics/gerry-the-pacemakers/youll-never-walk-alone


While the lyrics aren't Christ centered, they could be.


"When you walk through a storm Hold your head up high And don't be afraid of the dark


At the end of a storm There's a golden sky And the sweet silver song of a lark 


Walk on through the wind Walk on through the rain Though your dreams be tossed and blown


Walk on, walk on With hope in your heart And you'll never walk alone You'll never walk alone


Walk on, walk on With hope in your heart And you'll never walk alone You'll never walk alone"

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?