Whatever

 

The way things used to be! 
1991

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8 ESV

Finally, my friends, keep your minds on whatever is true, pure, right, holy, friendly, and proper. Don’t ever stop thinking about what is truly worthwhile and worthy of praise.                     Philippians 4:8 CEV

Philippians 4:8 has always been a go to verse when I'm mentally burdened.  I'll even break it down and call out to the Lord to help me think about something: true, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent, and praise worth instead of what is haunting my mind.

But as I read the verse this time I was on PrayerMate in a section titled Seven Things to pray for your children.  This was #5. Pray that their thoughts will be pure.  No matter who you find yourself praying for right now, praying Philippians 4:8 for them will be a blessing.

Let's do it!

Lord, I pray ________would have thoughts that are true, pure, right, holy, friendly and proper.  Guard ______'s mind in Christ Jesus and remind him/her that You have created them with a purpose and a future that will bring glory to You! In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Song  "When We Pray" by Tauren Wells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqicUCaa6ag

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?