Widows

A friend from church made these cute "hamburger" cookies for a church luncheon yesterday.  They brought lots of smiles!

 

Sorry for the delay. We've been without power today.

True confession...One of my greatest fears is ever having to be without my husband. This emotion stirs me to regularly pray for women who are enduring this reality.  This is an email I sent to a group of these women.

"You girls may not know this, but I pray for you on a regular basis. I have an app on my phone called PrayerMate and which contains various categories. You all are in my widows category. Every day it pulls up one of your 28 names and prompts me to pray over you.  If there is every anything specific you need me praying please email me and I will add that reminder by your name.

As I typed your email addresses and your names popped up, I was amazed at the strength I've seen in each one of you.  Strong, strong women who trust in the Lord.  

The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

“Crushed” is the perfect word to describe losing a beloved spouse. You have lost a life partner, and “heartbroken” sometimes doesn’t capture that. In using such a strong word, God communicates His compassion and understanding. He also promises to remain close during this time and build up your heart again.  Jesus told his disciples before he left them... “I will come to you.” Jesus does not leave you comfortless. Though you can’t see Him, He is always there to comfort and hold you.  

Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him who rides through the deserts; his name is the Lord; exult before him! Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation. Psalm 68:4-5

I pray...Heavenly Father, let your constant love guide the lives of these friends who are widows.  May your faithfulness always lead them to places you want them to go. Please send people into their lives who are encouragers, a blessing and just plain fun to be with!  Be their light and salvation, shelter them in their times of trouble. Even in their heartache enable them to see goodness and purpose in this present life and not lose hope.  Keep bitterness, anger and anxiety from their hearts for those are all joy robbers and not from You, Lord.  I thank You for each of their lives, for the earthly love they shared with their spouses and for all their gifts and talents  You have given them to share with others here on earth.  They have enriched my life in numerous ways.  In Jesus’ name, Amen."

Rejoice and feel the love God has for you today. You are His daughter and precious possession."

The Song "Trust in You" Lauren Daigle

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?