Emmanuel #3 & #4

We have so much to be thankful for and the best is yet to come.
 

Day 3 From Lacking to Generous In Emmanuel

Whew!  The Christmas list continually changes when you have little ones. If they see commercials on TV or the toy catalogs coming in the mail they point and "want that".

"For the sinful woman, Jesus was worth it all...(Read the story at the end.) We lack for nothing when Jesus is our greatest treasure...Jesus fills every longing of our heart...We can stop counting up all that we think we lack and start living into all that we have been given on account of Christ. When we remember where our true treasure comes from, our posture changes from  not enough to more than we deserve." Ruth Chou Simons

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places...Ephesians 1:3

The story of the sinful woman in Luke 7:36-38

A Pharisee invited Jesus to have dinner with him. So Jesus went to the Pharisee's home and got ready to eat. When a sinful woman in that town found out that Jesus was there, she bought an expensive bottle of perfume. Then she came and stood behind Jesus. She cried and started washing his feet with her tears and drying them with her hair. The woman kissed his feet and poured the perfume on them.

Ask the Lord what it is He wants you to generously pour out this month that honors  him.

The Song

"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" Libera.org.UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQw83_zpbJg

or on the wilder side by Pentatonix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku7ohU1IGls


Day 4 From Isolated to Invited

Simons writes: "The hunger we feel for fellowship, for true friendship, for a place to belong....is meant to be filled and satisfied...We may find this hard to believe, but it's in the very desperation of solitude in life's lonely moments that we come to realize our need for a good and soul satisfying Savior. God make us to hunger and thirst for Him, we should't be surprised when nothing else satisfies."

As a deer gets thirsty for streams of water, I truly am thirsty for you, my God.
In my heart, I am thirsty for you, the living God. 
When will I see your face?Why am I discouraged? Why am I restless? I trust you, LordAnd I will praise you again because you help me, and you are my God. Psalm 42:1-2, 11.   


I was born a people person. As much as I enjoy people personally, I enjoy watching them connect with one another even more. But the ultimate is seeing people come to a personal relationship with Christ where He becomes their All in All.  

Make your moments with Jesus a top priority. He should come before all else. 

On our wonderful trip to The Creation Museum and the Ark there was so much to take in.  One of my favorite moments was an hour when the grands went on an aerial ropes course with guides.  The guides said we could come and stand underneath and watch. It was freezing outside and I said, "I think we will take this time to just sit inside with Jesus." It was wonderful to sit and reflect on all that we had seen and heard as Christmas music played in the background.

Lord, fill us up with Your presence so that You spew out of of us!  In Jesus' name,  Amen

The Song

"I Wonder as I Wander"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIZjyf1jhKE

The Wexford Carol by Yo Yo Ma and Alison Krauss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxDZjg_Igoc

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?