The Joy of Together

Thanksgiving together.


God made us to be relational and has specific purposes in calling us to gather today as the Body of Christ. Biological family gatherings can be tough and some of you have expressed apprehension about the get togethers ahead of you the next week.  With God all things are possible!

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.  Hebrews 10:24-25

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.         Matthew 18:20

Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.  1 Thessalonians 5:11

Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity!   Psalm 133:1

Pray asking Him to reveal who he wants you to gather together with this month.  It only takes two or three gathered in his name and God is there!

As you gather, look at others as valued creations of God and speak that into them.

Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.  

Romans 12:10

Don't be jealous or proud, but be humble and consider others more important than yourselves.  Philippians 2:3

I had a very convicting time with the Lord last week. Opening PrayerMate I began to pray through my various categories. This app selects one person in each category to be prayed over that day.  The first five people whose names came up were all people who are not easy to love.  They are all people, whom I feel for various reasons when I am around them, I feel do not like me. One is an introvert, one is older, grumpy and very opinionated, one doesn't like how I always talk about Jesus, etc. But God still calls me to pray for these people, because he loves them immensely. As I read these names, God pointed out a hardness of heart in me.  We are to genuinely LOVE others  If God sees value in all of us and has brought these other individuals into close proximity with me, I can pray for an equipping on how to love them, make them feel valued and possibly have a closer relationship with them.

He's still working on me!  I need to make room in my heart for everyone God brings my way.

PS. Im sure these people don't read Boojoyful, so it's none of you!  

The Song

"Make Room" by Matt Maher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYHpJnfy2lQ

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?