A Day's Reflection


Sitting at the dinner table with my husband he began to pray "Lord, it's been a hard day in many ways, but it's also been a good day..."  Oh, how I needed that reminder.  I had spent over 3 hours on phone calls with two doctors offices and one radiologist office and came away in tears of frustration having no idea what I am supposed to do.  But what about the rest of the day...

At 8:30 AM the doorbell rang and there within a beautiful flora gift bag with pink tissues paper pouring our the top lay an unexpected gift from a girlfriend.

The text of prayer needs began dinging in by 8AM.

Pray for a divorce mediation that day, contact a young couple at church whose 3 month old niece had died unexpectedly, text a young mother to share how much a hug from her 4 year old in the hallway had meant last Sunday, an email from a woman was donating one item as a door prize for our upcoming widows luncheon and instead is giving six.  Then she went by a store where I'd asked for one item and picked up eleven!

In between the frustrations God was at work. It would have been easy to waller in the medical frustrations, but joy filled my heart at seeing God in so many places.

Oh, the best. My pastor husband, surprised me by putting me on his afternoon visitation list!  Hmm, I'd forgotten I am a church member too.

In his defense Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I too am working.”  John 5;17

... for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.  Philippians 2:13

The Song

"How Can You Not See God"  Leanna Crawford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70JD5YTemJc

 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?