I Tell You These Things...

 

UGH, the Holy Spirit was a flutter and so was my heart as it began to race. I knew God wanted me to encourage the "Click List" worker loading my car.  It began with speaking kind words..."I appreciate how you always call me by name and having a small on your face. I look forward to seeing you here."  She then explained she was leaving in a week. "No, way," I stated.  "I'm going to be a CNA," she said with a smile.  "Well, I can totally see that and you are going to bless a lot of people." I replied.

God wasn't finished with my "small thing" for the day.  I asked her to come around to the driver's window and gave her a $20.  I got choked up as I asked, "Do you know Jesus?" (Not certain if that was from apprehension of being that bold or because I knew God was messing with me. Calling me to something I hadn't had planned for the day.)  She said she did know Jesus.

I went on with a challenge on how to use the $20 and we parted ways with a sweetness between us that only Jesus can provide.

As I began to drive home the Lord said, "I tell you to do these things ..." but there was no more.  I knew that was a scriptural phrase, so came home to dig in and see what was behind the message.

"You have often heard me teach. Now I want you to tell these same things to followers who can be trusted to tell others." 2 Timothy 2:2.


So, here I am, a fellow followers, sharing because I know you can be trusted but that is not true of everyone we encounter as we are seeing more and more.


"I tell you these things to keep you from being fooled by fancy talk." Colossians 2:4


Paul says that his purpose is to encourage fellow believers in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” Colossians 2:2-3  Whew! You know the ad “Got Milk?”  How about “Got wisdom? Got knowledge? Know Jesus?”


"I am telling you these things, so that you will not turn away." John 16:1, 4


Jesus is teaching that things are going to get awful, but emphasizes the reason people act this way is because they don’t know God or Jesus.  “I have told you this, so that when the time comes you will remember that I warned you. I did not tell you this at first because I was with you.”


In Mark 13:23 we see the phrase again “I am telling you these things…”


“But be on your guard! That's why I am telling you these things now.”


Jesus is sharing with the disciples the frightening signs of the end of the age. Yes, the day and the hour remain unknown, but we are to be on our guard, for this will really happen.


He tells us these things because he  loves us and wants to give us a hope for our future even though we may endure horrific trials.


Remember some of the things that God has told you, tell others about the way He speaks and keep listening!

The Song

"In the House" by Crowder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3lDxE-Vb88


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?