Lay It Down

 


A day and a half long storm was headed our way. I had just planted or set out a lot of my spring plants...it happens every year, but I haven't learned.  Among the blooms were three large potted hydrangea plants I was trying to nurture along and use for upcoming church events.  My husband was right off the deck inside the kitchen and I said, "I know with my back issues I shouldn't lift these, but they need to come inside away from the storm."

Then I eyed one on a table and thought, "I can handle that one," so I did. Then another was on a chair and I strained to lift that one as he came outside and said, "Put it down!  You just said you knew you shouldn't lift these."

Aren't we the same way with God and our burdens.  We carry things in our hearts and minds He never ended us to be burdened with.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  Matthew 11:28-30

The Song

"Lay Your Burdens Down" Amanda Joy Powell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8HG7jPf1-g

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?