Slow Days

Lake days are the best for rest!
 "Be still and know that I am God."

Psalm 46:10

Snow days or slow days, they both serve  great purpose. This is the first time I can ever remember a winter where snow days didn't slow us down. I missed that seasonal occurrence.  I've had to be intentional to carve out slow days.  Now that spring is on the warmer side and some of the outside chores are behind us; we are able to sit waterside and it is possible to enjoy the calm that the sun and water bring.  But taking it slow requires intentionality.

"I just need to sit for a few minutes and 

Quiet the t0- do list

Still the hurry

Shush the worry

Unrush

Slow days are a choice. And slow days are good for the soul.  When you need to heal and move forward don't over estimate the number of slow days your tender heart may need."

Lysa Terkeurst

Whew for a pastor's family Sunday mornings are far from slow, but we try to intentionally carve out an afternoon of rest.

The Song

"I Will Praise Him Still" Fernando Ortega

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEpcJv8HYr4


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?