Resturn the Joy of Salvation

Love seeing these two brothers, on the left, hanigng out in Utah

It was a double whammy day for me on PrayerMate related to Psalm 51:12

Restore to me the joy of your salvation and uphold me with a willing spirit.

One daily section I read is called "5 Prayers to Pray for Your Husband". This particular day had prayer #5 JOY

"Christ return to him the joy of his salvation. I pray that in life he would not forget the joy of being your son, the fun of being on adventure with you, and his eternal hope of glory.  May this joy daily recount your goodness and faithfulness.  I pray he would know the soul's contentment that comes from trusting in you, I pray his joy would help him seize every opportunity for laughter and lightness of heart. May the joy of the Lord be his strength today." By Tish Hedger

Isn't that a beautiful prayer!

The second pop-up was from the Desiring God ministry. It was lengthy, but here are three key points and a snippet of the prayers.

"Refresh my joy-God I need you to remind me again of the lengths in which you have gone to save my sinful soul.

Restore my allegiance-God, my heart is dull because my loyalties are wrong. I long for ease and comfort and for human praise, which empty my soul.

Grant me willing obedience-God, help me obey you today, not compelled by obligation, but willed by your Spirit within me.

The next time someone asks us what they can pray for us, let's respond with these three desires of our hearts.

The Song

"All Because of Mercy" by Casting Crowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOagHp9vnA4


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?