Wipe Out

January 15
Wipe Out..now the Lord is getting funky on me. Definition:the act or an instance of wiping out; complete or utter
destruction; a fall or crash caused usually by losing control;
a total or decisive defeat.

Being the mother of five sons I've seen some "wipe outs" on the ski
slopes, on sleds, skate boards, big wheels and bicycles, behind the
boat on wake boards and I've seen them offer their fair share on the
football field!

I've had some major "wipe outs" myself. The most memorable was one
of our ponies stepping on my foot while I was trying to push it onto
a trailer to get to a horse show and I fell backwards in my cute white
shorts into a nasty mud (and probably manure) puddle.

As I shared yesterday, I have felt "wiped out" or "defeated" lately
by some blows being struck upon my "well loved" or "special people" zones.

There have also been sudden wipe outs (deaths) of those I have loved
very deeply. When I think back to the all the above mentioned wipe outs
in our lives, friends and even strangers always came rushing to offer
assistance and encouragement.

Yesterday, a huge blow struck one of our chidren as they stood with the
inspector at the new house they had just signed for...while standing there
a call came that their spouse had lost their job out of the blue!

This morning I read in God Calling: "Relax, do not get tense,have no fear. All is for the best. How can you fear change when your life is hid with
Me in God, who changeth not-and I am the same yesterday, today,and forever.
You must learn poise and soul-balance, in a vacillating, changing world.
Claim My power!"

We will not be wiped out! There is victory in Jesus. Our God is always
up to good. His specialty is taking what Satan means for harm and making
it profitable for our lives. So we lift His banner high, shouting,
Hallelujah to our King!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?