Awareness

March 25
Working my foot over a bit to the right side of our bed I didn't
feel my bed buddy. I stretched my leg a bit more and finally
reached the other edge of the bed becoming aware my husband
was not there. Four AM was a bit early for him to rise, but
I could see the light on in his office, so I rolled over and
went back to sleep. Mother's can relate to this kind of
awareness...we sense when our infants are stirring or when
things are too quiet for the good of the home of a toddler!
Yesterday, I arrived home from work later than usual and instead
of going in the front door I went around the side of the house
and went in a door by our bull dog's pen, so I could let him out
immediately. It was a beautiful day and Moses had a wonderful romp
in the yard and enjoyed sliding down the hill on his back, then
rolling over and over in the grass!
I was unaware of an important fact. Had I gone in the front door
I would have seen the note telling me the yard had been fertilized
and to keep any pets off it for 24 hours.
Thus, why my husband was missing in bed so early. When I awakened
around six he told me the dog had had a rough night. He said he was
constantly licking his paws. Looking at Moses I noticed his left eye
was not only bright red, he looked like a boxer who had taken a tough
blow...his eye was almost swollen shut. Then my husband remembered
seeing the note on the door when he came home. We plopped Moses in
the bathtub and began bathing him and now will get him to a vet
ASAP this morning.

We are warned in 1 Peter 5:8 to be self-controlled and alert for our
enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone
to devour.

So what are we to do when we become aware that we are about to be
devoured? While we are praying for a way out we can sing Joseph
Gilmore's hymn (he was Philadelphia's First Baptist Church's pastor
during the Civil War) He Leadeth Me!

He leadth me, He leadeth me, By His own hand He leadth me;
His faithful follower I would be, For by His hand He leadth me.


Let's Pray: Lord, You see all things and are aware of occurrences
before they ever happen. Train us to be aware of the world around us,
while at the same time remembering we are in the palm of Your
hand as we watch. May our spirits be easily motivated to follow
Your lead. In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?