Where Am I

March 13

Where am I and what time is it actually? Putting my head down
last night in another strange bed in a different time zone, led
to those questions being the first thing on my mind this morning.
Add the recent change to daylight saving times and the confusion
magnified. I guess that is the sign of a really good night's
sleep!

Think how the early disciples must have felt when they were on the
move.

Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;
and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea
and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.


With those thoughts in my head, I began to think back on all the
places (short and long term) God has placed me in my lifetime
and if I fulfilled many of His purposes for me on my journeys.
Try to begin to grasp the impact we can have for His kingdom in
all the places he sends us. Think back to every school you have
attended, every job you have held, every city in which you have
lived. Now narrow the search to each plane flight we have taken,
the people we have sat next to in movie theatres, at sporting
events or concerts who might not know the Lord. How about each
convenience store or gas station into which we have walked.
Whoa, a simple "God loves you" to a stranger could stir their heart.

Our world is changing. We can sit back and talk about it or we can
be out in it trying to make an impact for Christ. Watch out
Auburn, AL and all points north as I head home today...I am
taking the cause of Christ to the streets!

Let's Pray: Lord, if I knew today was the day
of your return, personally, I would be elated, for I long to be
with you. Behold the Lamb of God! WOW, we will one day. For
now, wherever You place us please find us focused on You and the
work You have to be done in that place. Right now I am convicted
of not being a bolder witness to my waitress at dinner last night.
I pray that someone reminds her of Your love today. Open our eyes
Lord to see where You have us and what we are to do for You, while
we are there. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?