Arriving

August 27

Whew, I am a slow learner when it comes to technology. I think I shared
how my IPOD mysteriously was wiped out of all my praise music and replaced
with filthy music. My children had given me the IPOD and one of my sons
graciously loaded the music onto it. Being on my own, last night I decided
to attempt to put some songs back on from some of my CD's. The first one
I loaded was a CD by Chris Tomlin. It appeared each song had downloaded.
I was looking for something to tell me the process was complete, but all
I saw in one column was the word "Arriving" so I assumed I needed to wait,
and wait and wait. Somewhere along the waiting process I looked at the
CD case and noticed the name of the album was "Arriving"! Ugh!!!!!

Enduring another sleepless night, I decided to check out verses on
"arriving". Most are related to happy thoughts! Thinking back on my life
I sensed the same relationship to that word. Watching for loved ones to
arrive for a visit, waiting for packages ordered to arrive, waiting for
my husband to arrive home each evening, waiting for the wonderful seasonal
changes of Virginia to arrive, & waiting for Jesus to arrive back on the scene!

The Message has Jesus discussing "arrival" in a very powerful scenario...
Mark 14:61-63
In the middle of this, the Chief Priest stood up and asked Jesus,
"What do you have to say to the accusation?" Jesus was silent. He said nothing.
The Chief Priest tried again, this time asking,
"Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed?"
Jesus said, "Yes, I am, and you'll see it yourself:

The Son of Man seated
At the right hand of the Mighty One,
Arriving on the clouds of heaven."

The Chief Priest lost his temper. Ripping his clothes, he yelled, "Did you hear that? After that do we need witnesses? You heard the blasphemy.
Are you going to stand for it?"
They condemned him, one and all. The sentence: death.

Let's Pray: Father what a day of rejoicing it will be
when we see Jesus arriving on the clouds of heaven! Bring it on Lord!
In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?