Bolt

August 1-2
How does the Lord take a dream which starts with a "bolt headed" creature
and conform my mind to remember how steadfast and secure He is?
(I must have seen a commercial for transformers...no wait, it was
helping my husband put a tractor tire back on yesterday!!!!)

Searching the concordance, I doubted I would find "bolt", but there it
was in various forms...bolts of lightening, doors and bolts. The verse
which lifted me up came from a chapter where Moses was blessing the tribes
of Israel.

The bolts of your gates will be iron and bronze,
and your strength will equal your days.
Deuteronomy 33:25

Here's another use of bolt...when trials surround you and heartache
presses you to the ground...get up and bolt to the Word of God! Coming
home from an emotional day yesterday, I made it down to the dock around
5:00 and just wanted to sleep. Wearily I said to the Lord, "Why can't I
hear from You?" His reply was precious to me...."You are in a waiting
period..just chill...tomorrow will bring needed refreshment."

So, I've tightened my bolt to the Lord and am holding on to His promises.
There is no greater security than the reality of His love! Simply basking
in that love brings refreshment...steal away to that place today and be
loved!

Here comes the song... You are awesome in this place, Mighty God.
You are awesome in this place, Abba Father. You are worthy of all praise.
To You our hands we raise, You are awesome in this place, Mighty God.


What a great way to start the day...praising our Abba, Daddy!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?