Subtle

December 24-25

There is fruit to be cut, French toast to be stuffed and a mushroom fritata waiting to take form, but I just looked at my husband and said,
"I really need my Jesus time."

The word the Lord gave me this morning was rather unique. Subtle.

Immediately, I thought of the announcement of Christ's birth. No, "Hear Ye, Hear Ye" ringing out from a town crier to tell of the birth of a new born king. No network blaring the news into our family rooms. A single brilliant star, which spoke only to those stirred by the Lord, told of Christ's birth.
That is pretty subtle.

Opening the dictionary the definition of subtle unleashed more characteristics of our king.
Subtle:
1.elusive, difficult to understand or perceive.
2 perceptive, refined; having or marked by keen insight and ability to penetrate deeply and thoroughly.
3. highly skillful : expert (a subtle craftsman)

My prayer this Christmas morning is that Christ will penetrate subtly the hearts of many whom we and HE long to see follow the Star!

From our home here at Shiloh I send my love to each of you and rejoice in the brotherhood of our faith which will find us all living together with our King one day!
Love, Boo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?