Passion

March 6-7

Crying out to the Lord for understanding, I began to weep and became overcome with remorse and a personal encounter of how our Lord had to suffer for our sins. I've always closed my eyes not being able to bear to look at Christ on the cross in plays or movies. It was as if God was saying..."You will love me more by relating at this depth." Opening my eyes, the word "passion" stared me in the face. Actually, it was a book entitled A Passion for Flowers for those of you who are thinking it might be in any other context. Reminds me of one of the funniest stories to come out of the Andrews household. One of our sons and a high school friend were in our bedroom on the computer. When they got up to leave, the friend noticed a book on the bed stand. He blurted, "Oh, aren't your parents kinky, they have a book on massage." Our son looked at him and said, "That would be "The Message" it is the Bible" Glad he cleared that one up!
So back to my passionate adventure. My head began to spin as I thought..what am I passionate about? "Oh, Lord, I do hope it would be said I am passionate about You and seeing others fall in love with You?" Going to Biblegateway only seven verses came up and they were all related to passion in the sinful form.
I thought, "Lord, what am I missing here, is that not the word you were laying upon my heart?" Clicking onto an online dictionary, I was blown away by the first definition of passion:
the sufferings of Christ between the night of the Last Supper and his death .
Mind boggling...a passion flamed by love and a passion carried out in total obedience unto death.
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious
thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in
the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?