Topsy Turvy to Impeccable

August 11

Google Topsy Turvy and you will go right to the latest trend of upside down gardening. That is not what I was looking for though. My husband and I were walking and he was enlightening me on some of the world's news. A few minutes into this informative session he said, "I'm sorry, I guess there is no need to dwell on all this, the world is just turning upside down and the Bible speaks of this."
I of course, remembering the Diana Ross days broke into the song...Upside down ya turn me, inside out... Bringing me back to reality he spoke of the passage in 2 Timothy 3:1 which says "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days..." Trying to find the passage he had referenced this morning I put the words upside down into Biblegateway and came up with "nada". I called my man, who has an excellent command of scripture and he said, "Try the words "topsy turvy". "Ok, thanks a lot," I replied, "even though I thought he was off his rocker to think "topsy turvy" would be in the Bible. I just couldn't picture Paul and Timothy strutting around in their dusty sandals saying, "Whew brother, things have gotten down right topsy turvy."
To my surprise, going to The Message, there she stood..ole Miss Topsy Turvy way back in the day of the prophet, Ezekiel. I am thinking why would I share the upcoming passage with my readers. It is a downer. In my Women of Faith Bible there is a side note in 2 Timothy 3:1 worth sharing which coincides with the message in Ezekiel. I do this if only for the simple reason of stirring us to non-complacency and spurring us on to vote in November. Check your calendar, if you are going to be gone November 2nd look into an absentee ballot.
Terrible Times
"How long God will choose to do his work among the people and nations of the world, no one knows. The last days are a time of grace but will increasingly become a time of degeneration and disintegration of individuals, the physical environment, government and culture."
Ezekiel's take in 7:9-11 (The Message)
"I,God,the Master, say:'Disaster after disaster! Look, it comes!End time—the end comes.The end is ripe. Watch out, it's coming! This is your fate, you who live in this land. Time's up.It's zero hour.No dragging of feet now, no bargaining for more time. Soon now I'll pour my wrath on you, pay out my anger against you,
Render my verdict on the way you've lived, make you pay for your disgusting obscenities.I won't look the other way, I won't feel sorry for you. I'll make you pay for the way you've lived. Your disgusting obscenities will boomerang on you.
Then you'll realize that it is I, God, who have hit you...
Time's up. Countdown: five, four, three, two...Buyer, don't crow; seller, don't worry: Judgment wrath has turned the world topsy-turvy. The bottom has dropped out of buying and selling. It will never be the same again. But don't fantasize an upturn in the market. The country is bankrupt because of its sins, and it's not going to get any better.

Continuing on our walk I asked my husband, "So just when do you think God will say, "Ok, that's enough I am sending you back today son.'?" With his quick wit he replied, "I guess it will be like Forrest Gump when one day he just quit walking."
So what do we do with this message? We live like today is the day. We remember life is not about living for all the gusto we can get here on earth, but preparing for the eternal times ahead in heaven and we pray alongside the Lord that many more of His created ones will find the answer to the longing in their hearts and repent of their sins and ask Jesus to come in.
God has a plan and it is not the least bit topsy-turvy...it is impeccable.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?