Fill "Er Up

December 26-27
My husband headed up to the Kroger full center time and time again to fill up the tanks of each of the children's cars in appreciation for them making the journey home. I tried my best to fill up their bellies at each meal this past week. Check out the link "The Word for Today" and see the "f" word and verses for...fullness.

I wrote today's devo and it wouldn't layout correctly so after an hour of frustration I deleted it and prayed God would give me the words He wanted shared. He took me to John 10:10 and some powerful words from Jesus.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy;
I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
We have been dealing with some situations which we sense are stealing, killing and destroying our joy. Maybe you are experiencing similar feelings. Those frustrations are not from the Lord. One of my Christmas gifts was a book called Job by John Piper. "What kind of gift is that?" you say. It is one which puts life's realities into perspective. Job was surrounded by death and devastation, but he was filled up, faithful and focused on God and persevered.
When we notice a leak in our lives, we need to propel ourselves forward, plugging up the problem with the promises of God so we can once again have life to the fullest!

PT Jesus, in You is the fullness of God. May we be found faithful to take a look at You and allow you to fill up the empty spaces of our lives. Fill us to overflowing, so that the love of Christ will spill into the lives of others! In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?