Get There Fast

December 23-25
Yesterday morning I had to go for an eye appointment. After signing in I turned to sit in the waiting area and just stopped and stood there. There was a beautiful tree and lovely music being piped in, but what caught me off guard was the fact I was all alone and the quiet was wonderful. The doctor came into the check in area and saw me standing there and asked if everything was alright. I explained the quiet had taken me by surprise and it was delightful.
While I had lots on my mind, it was refreshing to just sit and tell Jesus I love him.

Back in the day of six little children and living in the city where my husband and I grew up and both of our families lived, Christmas was a "hurry up and get there time". Party to party, meal to meal, Christmas program to Christmas program, we packed a lot into a few days trying to get to see everyone. When I read today's verse on Biblegateway in the NIV translation it spoke of the shepherds "hurrying off". There may still be stocking stuffers to buy and breakfast casseroles to bake, but the only place we should be hurrying off to is a quiet time with Jesus.
Enjoy this familiar story in The Message Translation.

Luke 2:16-20 (The Message) As the angel choir withdrew into heaven, the sheepherders talked it over. "Let's get over to Bethlehem as fast as we can and see for ourselves what God has revealed to us." They left, running, and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in the manger. Seeing was believing. They told everyone they met what the angels had said about this child. All who heard the sheepherders were impressed.Mary kept all these things to herself, holding them dear, deep within herself. The sheepherders returned and let loose, glorifying and praising God for everything they had heard and seen. It turned out exactly the way they'd been told!

PT

Thank you God for Jesus, for giving us Your Son. May we spend some time with Him before our day is done! In Jesus' Name, Amen




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?