Thank You Very Much

December
Can you hear Elvis and his Memphis draw? Thank you, thank you very much.

Paul, who didn't have a flawless or fluffy life, urges us to have a spirit of thankfulness.

Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving. Colossians 4:2

Be joyful always, pray without ceasing and in all things give thanks. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situations, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6
My husband came to me the other day requesting thank you notes, for as a school head master, you receive lots of little Christmas goodies and he wanted to show his appreciation to the students in writing. A spring "bride to be" was discussing her wedding details with me and said she had ordered thank you notes to match her invitations. One of the items I have purchased to give as Christmas gifts this year is note cards, because we all have need of those throughout the year to express our thankfulness for various acts of kindness. What Christ did for us is the ultimate reason to rejoice with thanksgiving. Maybe we should send him a note today.

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-8

Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe. Hebrews 12:28

Praise the LORD. Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 106:1

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift! 2 Corinthians 9:15

Our brothers and sisters in the faith give us reason to exclaim this Christmas season our appreciation for one another as Paul so often did.

I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus. I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the Lord’s people. Philemon 1:4-7

Merry Christmas
Love, Boo
After 10 years of the same devotional format God impressed a change upon my heart. I am wishing one of his angels would come do the work in putting together the new layout. Taking one day at a time I will begin this work in the coming weeks, so bare with me. I asked him if I could wait until January 1st and He explained he is not bound by dates, schedules or procrastinating as we tend to be, so to get on with it. So take next the next couple weeks and enjoy the Names of God, verses from John and tidbits from Just Like Jesus and pray for me during this transformation. We will see how hard old habits are to quit. You will slowly see new links develop and are welcome to take a peek.
Being Joyful and prayerfully...obedient,
Boo

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?