February 14- Random Act of Kindness



Happy Valentine's Day-I give you my heart!

1 John 3:!

What marvelous love the Father has extended to us! Just look at it—we're called children of God! That's who we really are. But that's also why the world doesn't recognize us or take us seriously, because it has no idea who he is or what he's up to.

The weather is so beautiful. I was out walking in my childhood neighborhood this weekend, which was bitter-sweet. Part of the bitter was how hard the hills were to walk! The other bitter part was the reality of how quickly time changes things and how many people I remember from the neighborhood are dead or divorced. The sweet parts were the happy memories that filled that mountainside and one happy, healthy 88 year old upon whom I bestowed my random act (a Valentine & knitted dish towel). She looked amazing and was all decked out in her red for Valentine's Day and still had a Valentine I had given her probably 45 years ago.

Walking along, I came to a yard where three little boys were playing with a cardboard box clubhouse! The owner of the clubhouse had a great attitude when one of other boys pushed his little brother into the cardboard archway where you entered the clubhouse. It buckled in half, leaving the structure disheveled. Instead of crying or screaming at his friends, he hollered out to his mom who was inside the house...."Mom! We're gonna need some duct tape out here!"
A smile came across my face as I was encouraged by that attitude. My heart had been so heavy as I was walking and pondering several realities I am facing which are not able to be resolved with duct tape. Fortunately, Jesus is better than duct tape. Sometimes the fix just doesn't come as quickly as we would like.

Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! Psalm 89:15

"Joy is an attitude that stems from one's confidence in God." Charles Swindoll

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?