February 16-Random Act of Kindness

The Day After V-day.
I had the pleasure of accompanying a young woman on a college campus yesterday! So much fun! The day was beautiful and the staff and students were delightful. I will never tire of the college hunt adventure. Hmmm, maybe my grand kids will let me tag along. We ate lunch at a Subway restaurant, which was part of their fabulous dining hall. Whew, college cafeterias have changed. As we were going through the line to order I recalled that I still had a couple Valentines left in my purse, so I pulled one out and asked the young man preparing my sub if he had received a Valentine the day before. He bashfully replied, "Yes." Looking to the young man to his left I asked the same question. With a huge grin on his face he pointed to the young woman beside him, serving up subs and said, "She gave me one!" There was a third young man behind the counter and I asked, "How about you?" With his eyes looking down, he said, "No." I pulled out the Valentine and said, "Well now you have one!" One of the other fellows asked, "Is there money in that Valentine?"
Spirits were lifted, chuckles broke out, and a simple piece of red paper, cut in the shape of a heart brought a smile to several faces.
May we be watchful today and follow God's lead to lift the spirits of others.
Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in the right circumstances.
Proverbs 25:11

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?