February 21-Random Act of Kindness

Suffering is defined in Merriam-Webster as to experience pain, illness, or injury; to experience something unpleasant. It is not a word we like to have to see entering our lives, yet it is referred to in almost every New Testament book.

Yesterday in the midst of a sermon series on a pleasant topic...The Gifts of the Spirit...the minister was out of town and the visiting pastor chose to teach on suffering. This morning one of the devotionals I was reading landed on the same topic, so I am praying that today's random act of kindness will revolve around me being lead to encourage someone who is suffering in each of these areas...physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The hymn "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" is ringing in my head right now. The gift Christ has given us through his death on the cross for our sins and his resurrection and victory, which we too can experience, is the big present, yet there are also many other sustaining gifts which carry us through life in his promises. These promises can be hope to a suffering soul and they are free to pass along!

My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. Psalm 119:50

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?