February 5-6 Random Acts of Kindness

The Tip
Yesterday, while in Marshall's I took a cut out heart from my wallet. When I had completed my purchase transition the girl at the registered turned to get something from the counter behind her and boldly I reached across to the register and left a Valentine on the register keys. As I walked to leave the store I could hear her calling out to everyone around..."Someone gave me a heart. Look!!!! Someone gave me a heart." My daughter was with me and the two of us smiled to see how a simple act of kindness can totally uplift another person's day.

The scene reminded me how powerful the touch of Jesus is. In Mark 5:30-32 Jesus is in a crowded setting a a woman reaches out to grab the hem of Jesus' robe, believing that simple touch could heal her and heal her He did!

At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?”

“You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’

But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Mark 5:30-32


Washed Up
Being the guest at a party this weekend, I have knitted cotton dishtowels to give as hostess gifts and plan to leave it anonymously on the kitchen sink with a note which says...Jesus washed our sins away!

For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21

PT Lord, Your love is more precious than silver. It has been given so freely to us and cost only a bit of our time to pass it on. Show us who needs a touch of Jesus this weekend. In His Name, we pray, Amen


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?