Warning

April 8
Warning, it is dangerous to clean and weed without praise music.
Whew, I had myself a little pity party, yesterday, about an hour and half into house cleaning. My back was aching from baby sitting for a young mother, whose 10 week old was out of sorts, and then I helped move a queen size bed in order to paint a bedroom. As I pushed the vacuum along, pushing and pulling furniture out of the way, I began to resent having to do this process. The laundry had been backed up and the day before was spent scrubbing stains set into my summer whites and working on ten pieces of "hand wash only" items, which had piled high. The more I worked, the more people I thought of people who had house keepers or cleaning services...jealousy, envy, and bitterness were beginning to be my mind set. Then I took my thoughts captive...remembered who the enemy is, how he loves to rob our joy and I put on praise music and brushed my blues away, thanking God I had a house to clean and a yard to weed!

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

PT
Father, you created these minds of ours. Help us to take thoughts which are not from you captive and dwell on what you advise in Philippians 4:8...whatever is true, noble, right, pure, excellent or praiseworthy. In so doing we may say, "Today is a good day, for today is God's day." In Jesus' Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?