A Fake

Two in a bed warm each other. Ecclesiastes 4:11
But if you don't have an extra body around
a stack of pillows and a down comforter work wonders.

September 29
I sleep much better with my husband's warm body up against me. Being quite the early riser...like 4AM....he has compassion on me and packs pillows up against my body, before he gets out of bed. It fakes me out every time and I sincerely appreciate the gesture.

1 & 2 Timothy and 2 Peter have some excellent warnings about fake/false teaching. In Paul's day there was deception; it too is prevalent today. The FDA requires food labels on all products to alert us as to what we are putting into our bodies. The Bible, applied to our personal wisdom and discernment, is available to us as a measuring tool for inspecting what we are putting into our souls and what our schools/media are putting into the minds of our children.

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Peter 2:1

Can you spot a fake?


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?