More on Eyesight

September 10-11
On the 8th, I was looking up verses on blindness and yesterday in Secrets of the Secret Place there was a continuance of that theme on eyesight. Reading in Luke 11:33-36, Jesus speaks of our bodies as either filled with light or darkness.
"Guard your eyes, dearly beloved. Give your eyes to reading His Word and beholding His face."
Anoint your eyes with with eye salve, that you may see. Revelation 3:18
"Eye salve is the application of the scriptural disciplines-fasting, praying, study of Scripture, almsgiving, forgiving, etc. When your body is filled with light, you will know greater victory over bodily sins, you will touch deeper dimensions of intimacy with Jesus, and you will be granted a place of greater influence on the body of Christ."

There is a secular song called "I Can See Clearly Now"
I can see clearly now, the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind It’s gonna be a bright (bright),
bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I’ve been prayin?for It’s gonna be a bright (bright),
bright (bright) Sun-Shiny day.

While the Lord's purpose in the paths we take is often a bit unclear and I think there is much we will not understand this side of heaven I've found the more we stay in the Word and sit quietly before Him the more the lights of understanding illuminate our lives!

Do you know where Noah was when the lights went out? He was in da ark!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?