Weave and Cleave


Look closely to see the spider and the web.

September 13
The Persistence of a Spider provides the strength of this web.
Feeling frustrated and unplugged in general, I cried out to the Lord. One specific request was for my husband to initiate a date. As parents and partners, we can see the most improvement in those platforms if we process the procedure through prayer! By the time I walked from our dock, where I had been journaling, to the house and my computer there was an email from my spouse inviting me to take a picnic on our pontoon with him that evening. Why don't we pray more often!
It was an enchanting evening as we launched to the song "Moonriver" (the name of our street) playing on a CD. Cutting the motor at a location with multiple mountain views, the sun set in the west and the moon taking its position high overhead, we kicked back and relaxed. After dinner, we were just lounging together and I looked up to see one of the busiest spiders I've ever seen. There was a strong breeze that evening and it baffled me how this creature had hung onto the awning of our boat as we splashed across the water. The web he had been weaving was totally in tact. Tough stuff, that web thread!
I began contemplating the weaving and cleaving which occurs in our marriages. Sometimes our webs are totally demolished and we have to start over (moves, losses, heart break), but when the material with which we weave is the substance of Christ there is always something to work with as we begin again.
Genesis 2:24
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
Deuteronomy 13:4
Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?