I Don't Get It..Show Me the Way

October 19
God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding.
Job 37:5

Shopping for a piece of replacement tile, I tried to find a picture of my bathroom on an iTouch. (A skinny phone size piece of computer equipment, which has a camera as one of its applications.) Not being very technologically savvy, I tried to swipe across the screen and find the picture. A picture appeared and I said to the young gentleman helping me, "I have no idea what that is." "Oh, that would be a picture of my counter, which you just took," he replied, "but I won't charge you for it." "Sorry. Would you like to look for the picture?" I inquired, "I don't exactly "get" how this works." My husband and I laughed and laughed when I got home. Living on the older edge of 50, do we get points for trying to learn how to use these new mechanisms or does the younger generations see us as hopeless?

Watching sporting events with a group, you are certain to hear from the fans..."I just don't get why the coach called that play...or...I just don't get why he/she (the player) did that."

Discussing faith with a young gentleman last month, he explained how he wanted to believe in God, but there were too many things he just "didn't get" about God. The best response was the biblical response that God's ways are not our ways...they are much, much higher...PTL...for we certainly can't create life or move mountains! (Funny, my father reads these posts and he is saying right now...."You certainly didn't have a problem creating life." Let me clarify, we can't create life on our own.)

Who is wise? Let them realize these things. Who is discerning? Let them understand. The ways of the LORD are right; the righteous walk in them, but the rebellious stumble in them. Hosea 14:9

There are many times in life we attempt tasks when we have no idea what we are doing.
There are numerous encounters/trials which happen and we just don't get why they were allowed to touch us. If we draw near to God, he will come to us and make our paths straight. It might not be the path we picked, but instead of standing in a puddle of misunderstanding, we can take the hand of the one who is "The Way" to show us the way!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?