Give Your Gift


December 16
"The gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Romans 6:23


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrNcD34KFhM

What gift do you have to give our King? This teenager in Canada, took his drums and made a video in honor of Christ and put it on You Tube!

It doesn't have to be extravagant, outlandish or expensive..it just has to come from the heart.

Two days ago, while driving home along the rural back roads of our county, my husband picked up a 60 year old hitch hiker. "You did WHAT?" I exclaimed when he told me. The man had undergone heart surgery 5 weeks earlier, yet he smelled of smoke. Inquiring about the obvious order and the hold this habit had on the man, my husband offered to pray for him. "You a preacher? the man asked. I need a preacher on Friday to marry me. We just gonna do it right here in this trailer."
The important response from my spouse was...."Do you know Jesus?" A requirement before he would marry anyone. Then...."You're not leaving me much room for premarital counseling."

Discussing the situation with me, we both realized this was one of those God encounters and even though we have house guest arriving around noon, I told him to go for it.
Like the drummer boy in this video...my husband can take his talent to the woods today and bless the Lord!

Proverbs 18:15-17

The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out. A gift opens the way and ushers the giver into the presence of the great.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?