What's on the inside

December 29
Yesterday, tired of feeling awful for 11 days I decided to get up, shower, wash my hair, put on cute jeans (as cute as they can be on a 50's something), a silk shirt, layers of pearls and some shiny earrings. Contacts and make up did not make the list, because by that point I was exhausted, my back and knees aching and I was lying down again. No matter what we put on the outside, that doesn't change what is on the inside.

Attitude counts more than outward appearance in God's pageant!

While I am staring at 15 extra pounds on the scales, which I know need to come off for the betterment of my health, I need to equally examine the characteristics in this Charles Spurgeon prayer a friend emailed to me.

" Pray that this year you will be holy, humble, devoted, and diligent; that you will have a closer communion with Christ, often entering the banquet room of His Love. Pray that you will be an example and a blessing to others, and that you will live more and more for the glory of your Master."

OK, so you are thinking it will be easier to lose the 15 pounds! :) I will need perseverance and the power of the Holy Spirit to attempt either!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?