Days Gone By

 My great aunt and my grandmother.  
Out for a stroll with our first 4 children who were 3 years of age and under.
 The blessing of being a grandfather.
The joy of being a grandmother.
May 7
Reading in a Charles Spurgeon devotional yesterday, the referenced verse was Job 14:14.
All the days of my appointed time will I wait.
Spurgeon's response to this verse was: "A little stay on earth will make heaven more heavenly...
Let us not be anxious about it, but wait with patience until the gates of pearl open."


The phrase "Days Gone By" came upon me.  I thought back to the comfort and security my grandmother, who lived right down the street, brought to me. It was heart wrenching to find her dead when I was sixteen years old.  But the time she unselfishly invested in my life has kept her memory strong and those memories have set standards for the way I want to love others.

God knows the number of our days. He has lessons for us to learn from the days gone by, the day at  hand and the days to come.  He is like a loving grandparent longing to teach, protect and lavish love!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?