A Noticeable Difference





May 24
I thoroughly enjoyed watching this season of Dancing With the Stars.  To those who see the show as a stumbling block, please forgive me.  My three favorites, because of their character, were Gladys Knight, Katherine Jenkins and Donald Driver.    While the other finalist, William, was gorgeous on the outside, it was the inner beauty of the others which captivated me and had me pulling for them.  Katherine, a Welsh lyric mezzo-soprano, was undoubtably the most talented, but there was something about Donald, the professional football player, that made him my first choice.  He exuded strength, yet there was a kindness and joy about him.  I finally decided it was probably his sweet wife and adorable children cheering in the audience that drew me to him.  When his wife took the floor, after the victory, and threw her arms around his neck and kissed him it made me smile.  Then when his baby girl nuzzled into his neck I liked him even more.  So off to sleep I went, thinking such a nice guy had won.
The rain was drizzling down the next morning and I had to take to the treadmill, instead of my usual neighborhood walk.  Turning on the TV, one of the morning shows was running with the three dancing finalist.  Viewers were able to text in questions.  One person requested a divulgence of the words which are tattooed on Driver's six pack.  The source of his character was then revealed to me...he loves the Lord.

Train up a child in the way he should go and then when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

May the Lord bless you and keep you and your family Donald Driver. May he make his face to shine upon you, as you honor him with your life!  And whether on the field or off, may God continue to give you platforms to stand out as noticeably different to a lost, lost world.








Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?