Feel His Love



December 22
For He will tell His angels to care for you and keep you in all your ways.  
They will hold you up in their hands. So your foot will not hit against a stone.
Psalm 91:11-12

The past two weeks have been a roller coaster ride of emotions for us, for many dear friends and for our nation.  (Mostly big dips, then a reprieve comes in ways which are obviously the Lord's doing.) Today's mail held two packages, each brought tears of joy to my eyes.  The "joy" ornament was from a young woman who was in my Sunday School class years ago as a high school student. This remembrance was truly a lift to my spirit.
Then I opened a package from a young mother of four whom I've never met personally, but hold close in my heart as we have become prayer partners and life encouragers.  The hand pained "Boojoyful Always" painting will be treasured forever.
The title of her "faceless angel" painting is "Held".  On the back of the painting is Psalm 91:11-12 and this message.
"After going through cancer in my right eye and having it removed, I was blessed to have friends, family and people I did not even know care for and encourage me.  My husband and I often said it was difficult to get discouraged when we were encouraged by so many.  The verse in Psalm 91 was shared with me after I told someone I felt "held" by God.  The Lord knows our love language and how we need to feel his love.  He will send his angels concerning you. May you feel His love through the angels  in your life.  And may He use you to be an angel to others."

The Christmas holiday can be a tough time for those who do not feel loved.  Ugh, just had a memory of middle school dance cotillion where you stood along the wall in your little white gloves, sipping punch from a glass cup, WAITING for someone to come ask you to dance.  I bet there are girls who never danced once.  Awful.  I am thinking now of four friends, who are either separated or divorced, and the pain which attempts to engulf them this time of year as they feel "left out".  Then there are those who have lost loved ones and this is their first Christmas alone.  There are others who not only have no gifts under the tree....they have no tree and feel there is no reason to celebrate.

Right now, let's bind together and pray for these folks to FEEL CHRIST'S LOVE.  They do have reason to celebrate, for the greatest gift ever has been given to them.  Once they accept the gift, they will never be alone  or left out. Jesus will ask them to dance with him every day and his "band" of angels will circle up one, singing Glory Hallelujah!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?