A Happy Ending




February 28
The last week of January,  I arrived home one evening to a voice message from a young friend.  Many of you have prayed for this young woman, whose baby had a brain tumor removed at 1 year of age. He is now two years old and his mommy was awaiting the arrival of their second baby when she called. The day before this call the family had moved into a new house, which they had been remodeling. The voice messaged was asking for prayer, because their beloved cat took off exploring the new neighborhood and was lost.  The weather was horrendous that night...torrential rains and very cold temperatures.  Their son adored this cat as you can tell from the pictures.  My heart was so sad for them. All I knew to do, beside pray, was to email a picture of the cat to people I knew in the same neighborhood in the city where I grew up.

Twelve days later, I received an email from a friend who said Nelson, the cat, had been sighted, but the owner could not be reached.  Calling the owner immediately on her cell phone, I learned she was in the hospital in labor! The grandmother assumed cat duties and walked the neighborhood searching for Nelson, but to no avail.  At 10:25 PM a healthy baby boy was born.  Hours later when the proud new father returned home, he gave a call out to the cat.....who came running!

When the grandmother texted me this amazing news, I replied,  "Isn't that just like God!"  He is such a Provider. This sweet little boy got his cat back the same day his mommy left for the hospital!  I just love a happy ending.

Visiting with my father today, he inquired as to my age.  Then he asked if I had my future planned out. Enthusiastically, I replied...."Yes, I plan on spending it in heaven.  The best is yet to come!"    I went on to say, "One day at a time.  Jesus may be back soon."  His response was precious...."Jesus, yes, I believe!"
There is a very happy ending for each of us who love the Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?