A Sunny Spot

February 4
For I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.
I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot.
In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content-
whether well-fed or hungry, whether abundance or in need.
I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:11-13

The winds were blowing and the temperatures were brrrrrr in Smithfield, NC this past Saturday, but our grand-dog Piper knew the secret of being content. She found a sunny spot and settled there and enjoyed the warmth.
Whatever our circumstances, we can find a sunny spot in the presence of the Lord for He is always with us.  His Word brings contentment to our souls.
Twice this past week, I heard messages on Ecclesiastes 3:11.

He (God) has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; 
yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

One pastor explained how God intentionally placed a void in our hearts that only He can fill.  The plan is that in seeking to fill that void, we will find Christ and thus be set to spend eternity with God!

In winter, hundreds of thousands seek a sunny spot  away from the cold.  The next time we encounter someone looking for warmth, let't tell them of Christ's love.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?