Be Mine & Be Committed & Find Joy



February 12
Back on track with our Valentine theme!
1 John chapter 4 has a wealth of information on love.  Peeking at verses 13-16  in The Message we read:
This is how we know we're living steadily and deeply in him, and he in us: He's given us life from his life, from his very own Spirit. Also, we've seen for ourselves and continue to state openly that the Father sent his Son and Savior of the world.  Everyone who confesses that Jesus is God's Son participates continuously in an intimate, relationship with God.  We know it so well, we've embraced it heart and soul, this love that comes from God.

 Have you been out looking for that perfect Valentine to send to your sweetie?  Have you noticed how all the cards make love appear pretty, frilly and "feel good"?  I love the little guys in these pictures above. I love them so much that last night I was up for a couple hours in the middle of the night with one of them, so his mommy (whom I love too) could get some sleep.  I love the other one so much that my cords are in the wash to remove the throw up from a big bottle burp and I will pay the drying cleaning fee to get spit up off my husband's cashmere sweater!  Every ache in my back is worth it, because I love lifting, carrying and holding these little fellows!

Love isn't always pretty and comfortable.  If we love like Jesus, our love shines most brightly in its commitment during the tougher times.  Those adjectives steadily and deeply are so descriptive! Can we say of our love for others that we have enriched their lives by giving of our lives?

The boomerang affect. Giving out of ourselves through love, brings joy back into our lives.

Who can we give love away to today?



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?