Trapped

February 6
The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.  
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
Deuteronomy 31:8

Have you ever been physically trapped and unable to find a way out?  More than once, I've been trapped in our shower by Moses, who likes to lie down against it while I shower.  The longest time was when this seventy five pounds of  English bulldog was on pain medication and fell asleep against the shower door. From inside I was unable to budge the door and he would not awaken.  Once that hot water is gone it can get cold in there!  :)

The tragic story this past week of the five year old held hostage and trapped in an underground bunko was heart wrenching.  The news story of the Chilean miners trapped years ago, likewise had the world holding their breath and praying.  One of our sons was trapped in our Suburban after it flipped four times on the Interstate.  He was flown to the UVA hospital with life threatening injuries.  When they had him stabilized and we were allowed to see him for a moment in the ER, before he was taken to ICU and then surgery, he made a statement which always brings tears to my eyes.  Leaning in closely so I could hear him, he said, "Mama, I knew I was dying and it was ok, because Jesus was with me, but I really wanted you and Pop to be there when I died."

The testimony, to the prayers of the people praying in Alabama for this little boy, was so refreshing.  When tragedy and entrapment occur people pray.  Oh, that we would return to our roots, recognize God's presence and be known as a nation under God (called by His name), crying out and communicating with Him for help and wisdom...then forgiveness and healing could begin.

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.   2 Chronicles 7:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?