Expect the Unexpected

June 21
Now this is a fun way to live...expecting the unexpected, because of whom we know God to be.
Priscilla Shirer challenges us to live practicing watchfulness. Watchfulness for God to show up and show off because He is a God of supernatural activity!
Shirer writes, "When I get bogged down by difficult times, I  now expect the Lord to do something unexpected to either free me from my situation or help me to deal with it.  Either way,  find that He raises my level of awe regarding His ability."

Do we think back and become ignited by the characters in the Bible who trusted God and went through UNBELIEVABLY unexpected experiences. I'm talking about  Noah who built an ark without seeing a drop of rain. Daniel who entered a lion's den without fear, David who stood before a giant with a sling shot, and Mary and Martha who stood with Jesus before their brother Lazarus' tomb.  The Israelites grumbling in their sandals or bare feet, but certainly no boots, and were slow learners even though seeing the Red Sea part, manna fall from heaven and a pillar of cloud by day and a cloud of fire at night.

In You, O Lord I have taken refuge. Let me never be ashamed. In Your righteousness deliver me.
Psalm 30:1

When I take our grandchildren out to wander around Shiloh, we go with the expectancy of seeing something fabulous.  Last week we saw a toad on the basketball court, two enormous dragon flies mating, a butterfly land in the sand right in front of us, a big striped bass swimming by and pinwheels spinning rapidly fueled by the wind.  We were content to sit back and watch the show!



Last night I received an email from a new friend whose son has battled a brain tumor for 10 years.  He has chosen not to take treatments.  He had a MRI this week, which hundreds of people covered in prayer. His mother emailed to say the oncologist was amazed to see improvement in the MRI without treatments. He inquired as to what they were doing?  The mother was able to say, "Hundreds of people are praying for him."  I think everyone of us who knows this family expected the unexpected from these test results!  Praise the Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?