Journey


June 12
The second word in the trio, which came out of a prayer time yesterday, was journey. Seemed like an appropriate word to contemplate as I'm in this study concerning the Israelites journey to the promised land.
Several hours after the prayer time I opened my study and Shirer had written;"If you've made a decision...to fully embrace the journey with God, I have a warning. This journey will  not be easy...God often chooses a wilderness journey for us to give us an opportunity to experience Him in a way we might miss in a place of ease and convenience."

I think I'd mentioned I was praying with a precious sister in Christ and felt the Lord telling her she needs to take a journey to a place WAY out of her comfort zone and face some demons that keep haunting her.  I called her and told her to go get this study!  It had her name all over it.

While we were talking I shared how I hate to throw up. I told her I'll do lamaze breathing, pace, anything to avoid the action of throwing up. I'm miserable in the "trying to blow it off" period.  During the actual process of getting sick, I'm usually begging Jesus to take me to heaven.  When the action is over I feel so much better and wish I'd just gotten it over sooner.
I honestly feel that once my friend faces this fear and gets it behind her, life will be so much better.

Just a few hours after she left our home she called. A friend had picked her up here and she was crying so hard the friend suggested she get a cup of coffee.  After drinking the coffee...SHE THREW UP!
She called me to say she realized God was not going to let her off the hook.

The Lord will work out his plans for my life-for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me.  Psalm 138:8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?